Greetings from Volusia county, Florida!

General discussions on Field Herping.

Greetings from Volusia county, Florida!

Postby jansonjones » April 5th, 2014, 9:06 am

Hey, folks. My name is Janson Jones -- a newly anointed participant to ASEFH. First, I'd like to say how much I enjoy this site. This is a great resource, and it works well on the iPad. I do appreciate the fine balance between design and usability! Second, I want to ask about preferred content flow. I have a decade's worth of annotated and recorded spottings throughout the Floridian peninsula (and elsewhere), but I don't want to jam them all on at once and overload/dominate the content feed. How many postings per day does this community deem appropriate? My inclination is to post new material as it arises and every few days to load two to four notable spottings from the past -- working backward (without too much repition of species-to-county). Does this sound like too much? Too little? Feedback would be appreciated.

As for myself, I grew up (mostly) in Volusia county. I have a somewhat ridiculous adoration for Nerodia watersnakes and the celebrity Anolis lizards. Heh. I'm a life-long naturalist and an advocate/student of ecology and evolution, though in my professional life I work with rhetoric and composition (UCF-DSC). I also have a photoblog at dusttracks.com, if you're so inclined.

With April thickening and the chill factor finally receding, I'm very much looking forward to an active season! I look forward to seeing what everybody else finds. Thanks again for the fantastic resource!
jansonjones

Re: Greetings from Volusia county, Florida!

Postby samwiise » April 8th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Welcome to the site and this forum! Always great to see another Florida herper here! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
samwiise

Return to Field Herping